Please include Postal Code
Please indicate whether you would prefer to participate in a block week or individual days over a 90-day period. The minimum commitment required is 2 days to a maximum of 5 days.
You are welcome, if you choose, to share some information about your Indigenous heritage and the reasons for your interest in this program.
Terms and Conditions for Participants in the Indigenous Court of Justice Judicial Shadowing Program [Shadowing Program]:
- I understand and accept that by submitting this application form to the Court of Justice that the information provided may be shared amongst Justices, Justices of the Peace, Legal Counsel and staff for the purposes of facilitating my participation in the Shadowing Program and for use in the evaluation of the Shadowing Program.
- I understand and accept that by submitting this application form, I am confirming that I meet the criteria of the Judicial Shadowing Program (that I am currently a law student, articling student or lawyer and that I self-identify as Indigenous).
- I understand and accept that acceptance into the Shadowing Program is dependent upon capacity and availability of Justices, Justices of the Peace and/or staff and that my application does not guarantee participation in the Shadowing Program.
- I understand and accept that the purpose of the Shadowing Program is to provide exposure and insight into the workings of the Court of Justice. Justices, Justices of the Peace, Legal Counsel, staff and other court participants in the Shadowing Program are not able to assist with employment goals such as job searches or appointments.
- I understand and accept that the observational opportunities available through participation in the Shadowing Program are dependent on scheduling and availability.The opportunities available are in the discretion of the participating Justices and/or Justices of the Peace and are subject to change.
- I understand the possibility for real or perceived conflicts of interest to arise as a result of my participation in the Shadowing Program. I will be alert to this possibility and will notify the participating Justice and/or Justice of the Peace should I become aware of such an issue. I understand and accept that should a real or perceived conflict of interest arise, this may result in modifications to my participation in the Shadowing Program.
- I understand that my participation in the Shadowing Program will expose me to confidential information and that I will not, without due authorization, disclose, share or make known any information or matters that comes to my knowledge as a result of my participation in the Shadowing Program I further understand and accept that upon commencement of the Shadowing Program I will execute an oath/affirmation to this effect.