Alberta Justice Mediation Service for the Court of Queen's Bench
Roster of Mediators
The Alberta Justice Mediation Service for the Court of Queen's Bench provides a Roster of Mediators
who have met the following criteria:
- Extensive education and training in interest-based mediation theory and skills;
- Extensive experience as a mediator conducting interest-based mediation;
- Commitment to participate in interest-based training every two years and to continued learning and skill development;
- Knowledge of Court of Queen’s Bench procedures;
- Knowledge and experience as a mediator dealing with legal counsel;
- Commitment to comply with a Code of Conduct and Ethics, and
- Insurance coverage in a minimum amount of $1 million dollars.
By clicking on Find a Mediator
you will find information on the services offered by Roster Mediators and the fees charged. This information is also available by contacting the Mediation Centres located throughout the province:
Grande Prairie 780-833-4202
Red Deer 403-755-1437
Medicine Hat 403-529-8716
At present the Alberta Justice Mediation Service for the Court of Queen's Bench is not accepting new applications to the Roster.
Costs of User Pay Mediation
Parties make payment arrangements directly with the mediator, including paying the mediator the agreed upon fee. Parties should agree before mediation on how this cost will be shared.
Mediation in Family Matters
Requests made to the Mediation Centres for mediations in family matters will be referred to Family Justice Services
to determine if the matter qualifies for a no-charge mediation. If the matter does not qualify, a referral will be made to a list of qualified mediators. Information on Family Justice Services Programs can be located online at:
or by telephone at:
All other provincial locations 403-340-7187
This website provides only a list of private mediators who are trained, experienced, insured and bound by the mediators' code of ethics. Neither the Government of Alberta nor the Alberta Courts will be responsible for the services provided or for any loss arising from reliance on the services provided by the listed private mediators.